This exercise will help you practice structuring tasks and entering the project data required to develop a Simple schedule. The images below comprise a Task Sheet for a Marketing project, consisting of 129 tasks. Click on each image below to expand it.
- Establish settings for Simple Schedule (See Chapter 5 to review settings).
- Enter the task list into Microsoft Project, including task names, predecessors and durations.
- Outline the task list per the WBS numbering scheme shown in the first column.
- When you complete all entries, Project will calculate a duration value for each of the cells that are greyed out.
- If your schedule is entered and outline correctly, your durations will match the images shows under Problem # 1 Solutions.